Welcome to Lindenwold Preschool
Joanna Smart, RN, BSN, CSN
Welcome to the School Nurse's web site! Please check often for the latest news on keeping your children healthy and safe. You will find information on School Health policies and be able to access the forms needed for school. You can also find information about many health conditions that may affect your family.
What your school nurse does:
• Insure that all students have proper immunizations and physical exams as required by the State of New Jersey
• Screen all students for height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, vision and hearing
• Provide basic first aid for incidents that occur during school hours
• Administer medication as ordered by the student’s physician
• Communicate with parents if a student is ill or seriously injured
• KEEP STUDENTS HEALTHY
What your school nurse can not do:
• Diagnose or treat illnesses or serious injuries
• Give any medication, including over the counter, not prescribed by a doctor
• Replace good medical care from a family heath care provider
If at any time you have questions regarding your child’s health,
please feel free to contact me.